Thursday, October 2, 2008

My First Quilt Swap


I am so excited - I just finished my first quilt swap doll quilt!  I am VERY happy with the results which unfortunately means that I am going to have a really hard time parting with it.  This is one of my favorite things that I have ever made - I love how much texture it has.  It was inspired by my swap partner so I would never have gotten the idea if it hadn't been for the swap but it is depressing to see it go.  I hope my swap partner loves it as much as I do or I will be disappointed.  I can't wait to see what I get in return...

I ended up doing some raw edge applique for the first time on this quilt and some bead embellishment.  It went pretty well overall - I like how it looks - especially how the fabric colors work together.  I will have to use raw edge applique again in the future.

(I don't think the pictures do it justice but here they are anyways...)







1 comment:

hooli said...

very cool. what is the swap?